Garden Shed Move

I went a bit overboard when I bought a new shed last year. I bought a 10ft by 8ft shed which was a bit over the top as the garden is only 15ft wide. Getting behind the shed was a bit of a squeeze and there was unused space behind there. There is a 2m high north facing fence and a corner facing NE.

Joe the gardener that we use to cut the hedge – I can’t be trusted with power tools – suggested that we move the shed 90 degrees and push it towards the hedge.  So on Saturday we moved it and I am delighted to say it has given me at least 2 new beds and room for a couple of composts bins.

I roped my nephew in to help me. This is Tom with the 80’s haircut

He helped me most of the day. Joe the gardener also helped us to move the shed. I did have a couple of sleepless nights before hand but it only took us 10 mins to move it. It’s amazing what a well placed shoulder and a garden fork can achieve.

Below is some pictures of what it looks like after the move.

New corner and north facing fence. Couple of panels need to be straightened or replaced and the borders need to be built. I am aiming to have these built by the autumn as we are going through a bit of a drought up here and the forecast is for more dry weather for the foreseeable future and I want to give any new plants the best start.

New path up towards new area. As you can see my potting bench now faces the shed door which is ideal. The Compost bins are going to be built next to the potting bench.

I am already starting to grow some of the plants to go in the border. I had dumped some soil there a couple of years ago and I emptied my current compost bin onto it and mixed it up.

After moving the shed I now have another north facing wall right beside my main border. This again is north facing and I am going to put a trellis up and grow some shade loving clematis up here. Probably something like Montana Reubens.

A couple of Pyracantha plants that are going to at the back of the border. Coming along nicely.

A couple of Hosta’s that will be part of the border. I turfed these out last year as was sick of giving the slugs a free banquet. I threw the clump behind the shed on it’s side but when I looked at the clump it was thriving only on the soil around it’s roots. I think it deserves a reprieve and they will be a prominent part of the new border.

More space for my water butts. I have 2 at the moment but as we have had no decent rainfall for six weeks. I now have space to expand and don’t know if I should go for one butt or two butts.

So that’s it. Exciting times ahead and a decent project to get my teeth into for the rest of the year.

Thanks for reading.

3 Comments Add yours

  1. janesmudgeegarden says:

    It’s always good to get more space for gardens. Won’t the pyracantha get too big in that spot? They grow rather large here.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thanks for your comments. No they should be alright. If they get out of hand I will prune them.

      Like

  2. tonytomeo says:

    Like SO totally RAD! (the haircut of course)

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s